Tuesday, February 8, 2011

nflknfklnfknfeg...idk!

In the last couple of days we have done a ton! It's crazy to think that we have only been here for a little bit over a week. We have had a coffee trek, where we were able to take the dart to different towns and look for cute little coffee shops. We split up into groups to get to know people better. I thought it was fun to just go and explore all the little towns around Greystones. We also had a Dublin scavenger hunt on Saturday. It was raining, but still a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure my team won. We were they only ones that went around and found the places. We were able to ask around for help. Apparently, we looked lost most of the time and people would come and ask us if we wanted help. I learned that the Irish people are very kind! It was awesome to get around Dublin and learn where things are and what all the government building are and their names. On Sunday  we had a Superbowl party and watched the game. It started at 11:30pm here and lasted till 3:30am. Yes, I stayed up for the whole game to see the Steelers lose. It was sad not watching the game with my dad. Everyone here was cheering on the Packers, and I was being joked on for cheering for the Steelers. But hey, it's all alright! We went  to Newgrange yesterday. That was pretty sweet. It's crazy that it is 5000 years old. But I wasn't too impressed. I think to get the full effect you would need to be one of the lucky people to go see it when the winter solstice shines its light into the chamber. We also visited Old Mellofont Abbey, Mainstir Bhuithe Monastorboice, Hill of Slane and Hill of Tara. It was a full day of traveling and at the end of the day we were all exhausted. Especially for me since I had 3 hours of sleep! We have all bonded much more and everyone feels like friends now. I'm starting to feel like I'm at home and not on a trip for school. Its been helping living all together for the home sickness not to be there. But my parents come this weekend! I'm so excited to see them and I'm glad that it all worked out for them to come, especially since its my birthday today!

This week is full of classes. It's going to be a busy week and I just pray for rest through out the week.
NewGrange


Rainbow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment